A celebration of colour – the Blue Wren tea towel contrasts the bright yellow of the Australian Wattle, with the delightful blue of blue wrens. They of course have their partners the brown Jenny wrens as company, and this is a species often noted for their dimorphism. They are also known as Superb Fairywrens, a fitting title!
These popular birds (dubbed ‘tiny little balls of pure joy’) won the Australian bird of the year 2021 in the annual birdlife survey. Although this may be slightly overstating it based on their territorial nature!
This tea towel art also has a sister piece “Eucalypt Blossums and Pardalotes”. The Blue wren tea towel can be bought as a pair.
The Nitty Gritty
- Tea-towel measures – 65x70cm
- 100% Australian Certified Organic Cotton
- Machine Washable (Cold wash and air drying recommended when possible)
- Designed in Melbourne by local artist, Pauline Dewar.
- Tea-towels ethically sourced in India, more information here.
- Printed locally by Organic Print Studio in the Dandenong Range